The Animal Services Department is open by appointment only. As additional restrictions related to COVID-19 are lifted, appointment requirements will be re-evaluated. Animal Control Field Services have resumed normal operation hours and will wear protective face coverings while in contact with the public.
- Shelter Services:
- The shelter is open to casual visitors to view and visit animals of interest by appointment. No more than three people per appointment time slot.
- All onsite Private Adoptions, Return to Owners, and Rescue Adoptions will be conducted by appointment only.
- The shelter will accept stray and owner surrendered dogs by appointment.
- The shelter will not accept healthy stray cats at this time, but will continue to accept owner surrenders as well as sick or injured stray cats by appointment.
- All licensing and fines will be processed and paid by mail, phone or by appointment.
- Individual Networkers are able to make one appointment per day to view up to three animals per appointment.
- The volunteer program has resumed.
- Visitors to the shelter are asked to please observe social distancing when contacting any shelter employee.
- Animal Control Officers will respond to priority calls for service that pose a hazard to the public, injured, and deceased animals. They will also respond to general calls for service that include animal noise complaints, non-aggressive strays, etc.
- Animal Control Officers will not impound any stray healthy cats.
- Residents are asked to cease all trapping activities.
- Residents are asked to please observe social distancing when contacting any ACO.
Appointments will be available Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please call SB Direct at (909) 384-7272 to make an appointment.