The City of San Bernardino is making efforts to protect the public and employees by practicing social distancing. Effective April 7, 2020 and until further notice, The San Bernardino Animal Control will reduce direct interaction with the public and modify services to reduce and prevent the possible spread of COVID-19.
- The shelter will be temporarily closed to all casual visitors.
- All Private Adoptions, Return to Owners, and Rescue Adoptions will be conducted by appointment only.
- Guests can view animals online and make an appointment to visit with a particular animal of interest.
- During this period, networkers will not be able to network on site. Networkers should use Pet Harbor and network from a distance.
- All licensing and fines will be processed and paid through mail or by phone.
- The shelter will temporarily cease accepting stray animals and owner surrendered animals.
- The Volunteer Program is paused until further notice.
- Response to non-priority calls for service (animal noise complaints, non-aggressive strays, etc.) will be temporary paused at this time.
- Residents are asked to suspend all trapping activities until further notice.
- Animal Control Officers (ACO) will continue to respond to calls that pose a hazard to the public, injured, and deceased animals.
- Residents are asked to please observe social distancing when contacting any ACO.
Appointments will be available Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Please call SB Direct at (909) 384-7272 to make an appointment.