(Original Nine Officers and the Centennial Badge)
The San Bernardino Police Department, in it's present form, was founded on May 15, 1905. Nine original officers provided law enforcement services to the citizens of San Bernardino. Today, over 350 sworn officers and about 150 civilian support personnel provide a wide variety of law enforcement services to a community of more than 200,000 people. The centennial badge pictured above is a modernized replica of the badge handed to the original nine officers on May 15, 1905. This badge was authorized for uniform use from January 1, 2005 to December 31, 2005.
San Bernardino Police Department
"Setting the Standard of Excellence"